Thursday, August 27, 2009

Busted baby maker.... the journey

So we met with Dr. Nash in July. We had a new doctor talk to us and go over our medical histories, turns out she was one of the interns who worked when I delivered Carter. She was SUPER new at that time, and is now a resident with Reproductive Gynecology! Small world!

Anyways, It was confirmed I have PCOS. He looked at all our histories, blood work ect and did an ultrasound of his own, saying I have all the classic symptoms. Our next steps include more blood work, on day 3 of my next cycle, an HSG, where the put in a catheter and run a dye through it to see if my falopian tubes are clean and ovaries are functioning, between days 6-11 of that same cycle. I went this past friday for a pregnnacy test, which was negative as I figured it would be, and he gave me a prescription for provera to start my next cycle for me.

I am not ovulating at all, which explains why I am not getting pregnant on my own. We discussed a few options, including the use of clomid, clomid with injectables, clomid with IUI and IVF. We will talk more in depth after my testing to where we will start ect.

Todd wasn't left out either. He had to give a sample as well. Thankfully he was able to do so at home, and I had to take it in within an hour. His tests came back totally normal, so that helps to know at least one of us functions the way we should :)

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment