Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wow so much has happened in a month!

Sorry it's taken so long to blog! I went back to work full time on July 27 at CCHO (Christian Childrens Home of Ohio). I work in a partial hospitalization residential facility in Wooster, about 50 min from home. I work 4/ 10 hour days (usually 4/ 11-12 hours days) a week, Sunday through Wednesday. I LOVE working with the kids on a daily basis. In my cottage (there are 5 of them, 2 ph houses, and 3 teching parent model cottages), we have residents ages 11-17. These kids are almost all victims of abuse and neglect. They are tough kids to love, but I honestly love each and everyone of them, even when they don't make the right choices.

Within a few weeks of working, I was offered a position with Canton City Schools Adult Education doing financial aid and admissions work. It would be much closer to home, double the money and less hours/days. I also have the opportunity to set my own schedule. I would be stupid to pass it up, so I am struggling with a tough decision. I have accepted this position, but still struggle with am I making the right decision.

Enough about work, lets talk about Carter! 5 days after he turned 1, he started walking. Within a day he went from a few steps to walking 10-15 steps at a time, now he is running all over the house. He is such a joy! he's full of energy and full of life and loves to laugh.

Carter gets to play with his friend Kennedy while my friend Lisa watched him while I am at work. He loves being there, and loves playing with his friend!

We are officially bottle free! We took all his bottles away a few weeks ago and he is now strictly using a sippie cup. He had a very smooth transition to this. I am still amazed that I can give him a sippie of milk, put him in his crib wide away and he goes to sleep on his own. How did we get so lucky??

Well I think that's all for now, I will post a seperate post on our baby making progress

No comments:

Post a Comment