Wednesday, April 1, 2009

1am wake up then visit to ER


So Carter woke up around 1 am, unhappy. I fed him and he went back to sleep until close to 3am, when he woke up in a coughing fit. I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs to find him in a coughing fit, gagging and just sobbing. I scooped him up and tried to soothe him back to sleep, no luck. I ended up putting him in bed with Todd and I for a bit more sleep. HE dosed off and on, coughing and crying. Finally at 4:30 he woke up again coughing so hard it made him throw up. He started sobbing more, so I brought him down to change his clothes and try to calm him down.


After about 15 min of not being able to console him, still coughing, I decided to take him to the ER. So after waiting 2 hours to even see a Dr, they send him for a chest Xray after hearing something in his left lung. The chest X ray was horrific for me, he laughed at the tech. They had to strap him in this chair that reminded me of an electric chair. His arms up, strapped to the board. They ended up having to do the x ray 3 times as the machine was malfunctioning. All while my munchin sit all strapped to a chair with his arms above his head. I couldn't help but have tears running down my face.


Another hour later, it came back Carter has pneumonia. So they started him on an aggressive antibiotic and said I need to follow up with his dr by Friday for a recheck. If it's not better, or worse, we will talk about the next step. (they mentioned breathing treatments).


So, life is never dull these days...... Now if only I can get some sleep, since I am working on 3 hours and a bunch of coffee.


Here is a picture of Carter's big adventure at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment