Monday, April 6, 2009

What a weekend

So, Todd and I got to get away this past weekend. One of Todd's good friends from college got married (HOORAY Dave and Andrea!). My parents stayed at our house with Carter. My mom came around 10am so I could go get my hair cut. I had a little bit of time to pamper myself. Todd and I left around 1:30 sat afternoon and went to the wedding and reception and stayed in a hotel. It was hard to leave him, especially overnight, but I knew Todd and I needed a night away. We enjoyed ourselves, I called and checked in 3 times (That's all my mom would let me call, I had 3 tokens haha), and we had a great night. I think it helped reconnect Todd and I, and it made me a better mom to have some time away.

When we got home on Sunday morning, the smile across Carter's face when I walked in the door made it all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment