Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Deuce

That's what we will call baby for now, until we know if baby is a girl or boy. I really think I am having a girl. I have thought that all along. Mostly because this pregnancy is drastically different than the first time around.

I am still seeing Dr. Nash, until next week when he will release me back to Dr. Domingo. I have been monitored very closely, every week at first with ultrasounds and now every 2 weeks, still with ultrasounds everytime. I think I've seen this baby on the screen as much as I saw Carter in my entire pregnancy! I'm not complaining, it's amazing to watch it grow from a tiny little blob intoa real baby.

I went on Monday for an NT test. This test is made up of an ultrasound that measure the back of the neck and take blood from me. This test is used to get a percentage of a chance that baby has chromosomal defects or Downs Syndrome.

I did this test when I was pregnant with Carter, it was optional. This time around I wasnt given a choice. I would have chose to do it anyway. I want to be prepared in the event there is a posibility. If results come back with a high likelihood we are given the choice to do an amnio or CVS. We will cross that bridge if we get there.

I go back to the doctor next Wed for results.

No comments:

Post a Comment