Thursday, April 22, 2010

When it rains.....


It pours!
33 weeks met us with Carter going to the doctor again and finding out that his ear is STILL infected, so we are on round 3 of antibiotics. I called the doctor and requested an ENT referral, these ear infections are just crazy! We see Dr. Milo at Akron Children's next Tuesday. I am ready to get the little guy back to good health!


I had my 33 week apt today (33 w 3d). Turns out my BP is high, there was protein and blood in my urine and I was having contractions every 2-5 min. I have another UTI, so more meds for me too. They gave me a prescription for a BP med to start, and now have to go every week for an NST and BPP. Baby Hannah measured 5lbs 8oz today, average is about 4lbs 5oz at this point. They est that she will be between 8 1/2-9lbs at delivery in 5 1/2 weeks. I am thankful for a repeat c section.


I had to get some bloodwork done to check to see if I am developing pre eclampsia. I also was tested for Group B strep, just in case she comes early, and a test to check for a hormone that is only present right before the onset of labor. This should tell us if I will go into labor in the next 5-7 days. If it's positive, we will start steroid shots to mature baby's lungs faster. If not, they will still monitor me very closely. I should have all results tomorrow... Prayers it's not Pre Eclampsia or that the other test is negative for that hormone!!!!
Other than all this drama, it's good to have Todd home more. He stayed home with Carter Mon and Wed while he was sick and I covered Tuesday. I think Carter is pretty happy to have daddy home more too with tax season over!
I will post more tomorrow once I get my results.

No comments:

Post a Comment