Sunday, March 28, 2010

When it rains.....

It pours... Yesterday (saturday) was a very productive day. My mom and I got the majority of the painting in Hannah's nursery done. It looks FANTASTIC.. my mom did an amazing job, I just helped between many breaks.

Late in the afternoon I noticed a tiny bit of spotting. I tried to relax and though I had just overdone it. A few hours later, there was more. So I called the nurse on call and she suggested we head into labor and delivery since I was having some cramping as well. Thankfully my mom was still here and decided to stay the night so Todd could take me in without me having to get someone else over here. We left shortly after 8pm to go to the hospital.

We got there and got hooked up pretty quickly. I was having a few contractions here and there, nothing timeable, nothing steady. I had a medical student come in and ask me some questions, followed by the resident on duty. They decided to do some cultures and a cervical exam, totally not fun. Shortly after, the resident came back in and said that it appeared I had another infection. She also wanted to do an ultrasound to make sure there was no problem with a low lying placenta or anything. She told me to hold on a second, don't rub the "goop" off, she'd be right back. In the meantime a nurse came in and told me she had to give me a shot to stop my contractions, they were coming every 4-6 min. She would also start an IV to rehydrate me. At this point I was kinda freaking out. Another medical resident came in to do the ultrasound, and she assured me everything looked ok.

The medication gave me the "shivers" and the "teeth chatters" as well as heart palpatations and a really weird feeling they told me this was all normal. They then had me give a urine sample to check for any other infections. Guess what, I also have a UTI that was more than likely the cause of my preterm labor. They were going to keep me another hour or two to make sure the contractions stopped.

We were FINALLY sent home around 12:45am. I slept until about 8:30 and woke up with an awful headache. I got all my prescriptions for my infections filled and then took a 2 1/2 hour nap this afternoon, but could probably taske another one.

Carter woke up from his nap around 3 and I am pretty sure the poor little guys has an ear infection. So it looks like a dr apt for he and I both tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah!
    I am following your blog, love it!
    I have been diagnosed with a UTi aswell a few days ago and Im on antibiotics.
    I had my first baby at 31 weeks and Im now 31 weeks pregnant with number 2.
    Good luck :) xx
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete