Thursday, May 13, 2010

36 week Apt and Carter update

We will start with the most important, Carter! He had a rough evening last night once the meds were starting to wear off, before we could give him any pain meds. He was very irritated and very uncomfortable. He mostly laid on me as I rocked in the rocking chair with him, and let him just sleep on me. Once we gave him the tylenol with Codine and it kicked in he got a few smiles out of him, but he was pretty drugged. The poor kid refused a bubble bath, that's so not like him! So I just gave him a quick sponge bath and we put him to bed. He woke up once in the middle of the night, got more pain meds, something to drink and he went right back to sleep.

This morning, you would never know he had "boo boos". He woke up a smiley kid, asking me for his "mook" (milk). He got his antibiotic and ear drops, but still nothing for pain or discomfort, not even reular tylenol. I came home at lunch and he was as happy as could be, I got my baby back!

I saw the OB today. I passed the BPP (bio physical profile ultrasound). I passed with flying colors in no time at all. They look for fetal movement, amniotic fluid levels, make sure baby is practicing "breathing" and heart rates. Our of these 4 things, you can get a total score of 8. I got an 8 today. I also had an NST (non stress test) where they watch baby's heart rate, if I am experiencing any contractions, and movement. We passed no problem there as well, and I had 3 decent contractions, and one small one.

Reagan is engaged, which means she is in my pelvis preparing for delivery. This could mean I can go into labor at anytime, but I may not go into labor and will make it to my scheduled c section. Dr. D didnt' want to do an internal exam in case he would "stir things up in there" but I am officially full term next week. So he told me what to watch for and when to call and we would have a baby!

It's so crazy I am this close! I want her to hold on another week though, at least. I am not "quite" ready, as I have things at work to finish up and Carter has an ear recheck on the 25th I want to be at..... without a newborn preferably :)

No comments:

Post a Comment