Sunday, May 30, 2010

Not the weekend I envisioned

I woke up Saturday morning around 3am feeling pretty sick to my stomach. I then spent the next 8 hours throwing up. Todd took Carter to his moms to get him out of the house, my mom came up and took me to the ER. They sent me straight to Labor and Delivery. I got all hooked up to the monitors to see I was contracting about every 5 min.

The Dr got me hooked up with some IV's and some glorious nausea meds through the iv. I was feeling much better not long after. They took some blood, did a urinalysis, did an exam and told me to rest.

The urinalysis came back with some bacteria, blood worked showed I was severly dehydrated. After two rounds of nausea meds, 3 bags of fluids and 6 hours in triage, they admitted me since i was still feeling pretty sick and my bloodwork still wasn't clear and I had a fever. baby's heartrate was a little high for a while, so the were watching her closely and checking me for everything under the sun.

Long story short, I ended up taking 4 rounds of nausea meds, 6 bags of fluids, 1 bag of glucose and 1 bag of potassium. I was sent home just over 24 hours from getting there, and although I feel as if I need toothpicks to hold my eyes open, I do feel alot better. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be good as new, just in time for baby girl's appearance in 3 days!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Sarah! I feel so out of the loop since I only had limited internet all weekend...so glad you are feeling better and can't wait for Reagan to arrive in a few days!

    ReplyDelete